10 May 2011

Nobody Look at Me!!! : ) Our First Training Walk

Remember when I said it was a beautiful day out today?  Well, Ani came home saying the same thing.  She had just taken her ATI exit exam and had been staring at the computer all afternoon. She came home and asked if I wanted to start our training today.  I want to...but on the other hand I'm not supposed to do anything to elevate my heartrate for now.  But the sunshine was too hard to resist.

When I told Ani that I'd have to figure out what I can wear...she said, "Just go like you are.  It's not like we're going far anyways."  Now any other time, I totally wouldn't have done it.  BUT I am a two-time cancer survivor here!!!  And  can do whatever I want, whenever I want (okay, within reason). 

So off we went, with my pink, purple, gray floral pajama bottoms, my hot pink "Survivor" shirt from last year's Avon walk (no bra mind you!), my 70's Onco fannypack with my drain tubes hanging out of it.  And everytime a car would go by, I'd cover my face and say, "Nobody look at me!"  We went one block.  And on our way home, walking toward us was a guy that takes the same bus to work that I do...I'm mumbling to Ani, "oh no....I know that guy...."  Ani says, "It's okay, just keep your head down...."  And then right when we were passing each other, I looked up, made eye contact, and said, "Hi!" 

First training walk:  One Block, One week and one day after cancer surgery.
Days to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer: 130!
How to donate: http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk/LosAngeles?px=2246507&pg=personal&fr_id=2060

No comments: