24 May 2011

Two Miles

Good Morning!
We're just back from our morning walk.  I was able to walk two miles this morning.  It helped that Ani came along with me...which always makes it more fun.

It's a good day.  First of all, the thing that's "milestone" about today is I got to wear a bra!!!  Sorry guys, I know this is not something that's important to blog about, but let me tell you, after surgery, this is a big deal.  Those of you reading who have been through reconstruction, breast cancer, mastectomy, etc., you know what I'm talking about it.  So the doctor gave me the okay for three weeks out...and I'm here!  Another milestone!

So anyways...back to the walk this morning.  I'm amazed at how strong I am.  Truly.  I mean, just three weeks ago, I had my surgery.  I'm still sore, yes, but I walked two miles this morning and I am pretty sure that I could go further.  I know, I know...don't push it.  But I don't feel like it's tiring or straining.  It actually makes me feel better (mentally/emotionally).  And it's great to see that life is going on out there, outside of my drama, y'know?
Here are some of this morning's sites:

Now this was really random.  We were walking down a side street and came across this chalk outline.  Some one has a leg of lamb for an arm!!




And then there's the beauty of the flowers are are all around the neighborhood....

 

Yesterday was good.  Getting out and walking made a huge difference in the productivity of my day.  After the walk, I got in, made a pot of coffee, and decided to work in silver.  I got quite a bit done...the silver clay is dry now, and today I'm going to set out to sand and shape the pieces I created.  Here's what it all looks like at this stage.  

You can see that some are smooth and some are textured.  I'm going to do a resist technique on the smooth pomegranates.  The textured pomegranates will have "seeds" hanging from them on the bottom.  I'm going to dry doing a cold connection with those, drilling the holes in after firing with a tool that Ani bought me for Christmas.  The loopy things are the bales that I'll attach to the back to hold the chain.  This is what fine silver clay looks like in its unfired state.  So today I'll sand, shape, do the resist, attach the bails, and maybe later on tonight I'll fire them.

I also got more pink ribbon beads in the mail yesterday.  So I'll be creating more of my pink ribbon fundraiser bracelets.  Check them out at http://www.pomegranateandeye.etsy.com/

Here's today's thought:
It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.Richard M. DeVos

No comments: